Halong Bay is one of the famous tourist destinations in Vietnam, not only because of its breathtaking scenery but also because of its unique and diverse cuisine. With over 2,000 islands and a community of fishermen developed over centuries, Halong has become a culinary paradise with many unique and attractive dishes. From fresh seafood to traditional dishes of the Northern region, Halong cuisine offers visitors a fantastic culinary experience. Let’s explore some typical dishes of Halong with Golden Lotus Travel to discover the diverse and rich culinary culture of Vietnam.
- Sa sung
Sa Sung, also known as sea worm, is a species of creature that lives a lot in the waters of Ha Long. Sa Sung can be prepared in various ways such as grilling, frying, sauteing with tamarind, or with tomato sauce. When enjoying sa sung, it is often accompanied by raw vegetables, forest vegetables, rice crackers, chili sauce, and specially prepared fish sauce to enhance the flavor. It is considered a luxury food, and has a high price due to complex separation and processing, however, still a lot of tourists join Ha Long tours hunting this seafood species to enjoy. Currently, Sa Sung is being sold for 3.000.000 – 5.000.000 VND/kg.
Some restaurants you should try to enjoy sa sung
– Bien Dong Sa Sung Restaurant. Address: 236 HaLong Avenue, Bai Chay Ward, City. Ha Long, Quang Ninh.
– Son Trang Sa Sung Restaurant. Address: Zone 1, Ha Long Hamlet, Binh Ngoc Commune, Tien Yen District, Quang Ninh.
– Tan Anh Sa Sung Restaurant. Address: Zone 7, Cam Pha City, Quang Ninh.
- Sea Sam
In Ha Long cuisine, Sea Sam is a dish rich in nutrients and has a unique and complex processing process that visitors should enjoy when coming here. Sea Sam is not as difficult to find as Sa Sung, but it is very difficult to process. To get good Sam, you must be skilled and have been a seafarer for a long time. Ha Long Sea Sam has good quality and high freshness, its meat is very delicious, rich and chewy, often processed into many different dishes such as stir-fried, rimmed, steamed, grilled, fried, cooked in soup.
Sea Sam season in Quang Ninh lasts from October to February of the lunar calendar every year. This is the best time to enjoy fresh sam sam and experience the typical cuisine of HaLong waters.
Sea Sam is being sold for 700.000 – 1.500.000 VND/ couple.
You can enjoy them at:
– Huong Bien Restaurant. Address: No. 8 Nguyen Van Cu, Ha Long, Quang Ninh.
– HaLong Bay Restaurant. Address: No. 1 Ha Long, Bai Chay, Ha Long, Quang Ninh.
– Dao Ngoc Restaurant. Address: Area 1, Cai Rong Town, Van Don District, Quang Ninh.
– Ha Long Seafood Restaurant. Address: Area 2, Bai Chay, Ha Long, Quang Ninh.
– Sa Sung and Sa Sam restaurants. Address: Area 5, Bai Chay, Ha Long, Quang Ninh.
- Grilled oysters
Ha Long oysters have a sweet taste and fresh meat, especially the size is larger than oysters in many other seas. In addition, Grilled Oysters can also be prepared in many other ways such as grilled oysters with cheese, minced garlic or spicy sauce, bringing a new and unique flavor to the dish…. These are the dishes very popular at restaurants and eateries in Ha Long.
Grilled oysters are a popular specialty with prices ranging from 30,000 to 50,000 VND/head
So there are quite a few restaurants and eateries selling this dish.
- Special snail 290
- Address: No. 347, Lane 8, Cao Thang, Hon Gai.
- Ngoc Son street restaurant
- Address: 538 Cai Dam, Bai Chay.
- You can go to the roadside shops or eateries in the polder area of column 3-5, Nha Be or Ben Doan to enjoy this HaLong specialty.
- Ngan ( Cockle)
Ngan is a mollusk that looks quite like a clam. The cockle has a tough outer shell and inside is white, crispy and has a characteristic sweet and fresh taste. It can be prepared in many delicious ways such as stir-frying, making porridge, grilling, steaming or pickling.
One of the most popular dishes is grilled cockles with salt and chili. To prepare this dish, the cockles are cleaned, then marinated with salt, chili, garlic, onion, white wine and other spices. They are then grilled over charcoal until they turn golden and become fragrant. The dish has a distinctive spicy, salty, sweet and fresh taste that is typical of Hạ Long cockles.
You can enjoy them at:
– Special snail 290. Address: No. 347, Lane 8, Cao Thang, Hon Gai.
– Ha Long Seafood Specialty Restaurant. Address: 1A Nguyen Van Cu, Bai Chay, Ha Long City, Quang Ninh, Vietnam
– Yen restaurant. Loong Toong Market Snack Area, Tran Nhat Duat (Hon Gai)
- Squid patties
Ha Long squid patties is a delicious specialty of Quang Ninh province, Vietnam. This dish is made from fresh squid that is washed, pureed, mixed with a variety of spices and then grilled or deep-fried. Ha Long squid patties have a characteristic flavor, both fragrant and crispy, sweet of squid, spicy of pepper and fragrant of fried onions. This dish is often used as a snack or appetizer and is often served with a variety of dipping sauces such as sweet and sour fish sauce, chili sauce or soy sauce.
To enjoy the best HaLong squid patties, you can go to famous restaurants in Ha Long such as:
– Ba Hang Quan Restaurant. Address: 34A Nguyen Hue, Bai Chay, Ha Long City, Quang Ninh, Vietnam.
– Hoang Van Restaurant. Address: 47 Ha Long, Bai Chay, Ha Long City, Quang Ninh, Vietnam.
– Canh Doi Restaurant. Address: Group 10, Bach Dang, Ha Long City, Quang Ninh, Vietnam.
Coming to Ha Long, not only will you admire the majestic natural scenery, but this is also an opportunity for you to enjoy delicious specialties. Surely, the delicious, unique and attractive seafood dishes with bold flavor of the North Sea in Ha Long will surely make visitors stick around forever. Golden Lotus Travel hope you have wonderful travel and dining experiences when traveling in HaLong Bay.